LO's pediatrician and GI doctor are both on vacation this week so we have been dealing with some on call business and substitute docs. The fake ped suggested that we wait until LO has another "episode" before going to the neurologist. I started casually researching pediatric neurologists to get some reviews and understand where we would want to go, if needed. Then I thought it might be good to talk to one for advice and then I discovered a great one two blocks from my house. Then I called and they had a cancellation in an hour, I asked about authorizations from insurance and they told me that I could get approval first, blah, blah or I could see someone in an HOUR. Before the weekend, not three weeks from now or after another visit to the ER. I could discuss and bring my nanny to someone who specializes in this sort of thing in an HOUR. I said we would take the appointment, money be damned.
3 years ago